1. You may apply to university as an Ontario high school graduate or as a mature student.  All applications to university must be sent to the Ontario University Application Centre (, not to individual colleges.
  2. Ontario high school graduate:
    • You must have earned your Ontario Secondary School Diploma with 6 credits coded 4U or 4M
    • You must obtain a PIN (personal identification number) from your guidance counsellor
    • You will apply under the 101 application at
    • The deadline for applications is early January
    • Your guidance counsellor will automatically forward your marks to OUAC during the year
  3. Mature Student:
    • You will not have your Ontario Secondary School Diploma
    • You will have the required prerequisites for your university program of choice
    • You will apply under the 105 application at
    • You do not require a PIN
    • The deadline for applications depends on the university and the program.  Please check with the university to avoid disappointment
    • You are personally responsible for sending in your transcript and your marks to each university.
  4. All university programs begin in September (Fall start).  A very limited number begin in January (Winter) or May (Summer)

University Application Workshops are held in November for those interested in a September entry to university.  For a January or May entry, or for those who miss the workshops, please come to Student Services to obtain a copy of the instructions on how to apply on-line. A counsellor can assist you if you require help.

Electronic info

Electronic info is a site dedicated to the research of Ontario universities and the degrees available at each of them.  It is a useful site for students who are interested in a certain field and are uncertain as to where the degree program is offered.  It is also beneficial in outlining all degrees at each Ontario university.

Ontario Student Assistance Program

The Ontario Student Assistance Program site assists students in the student loan application for a post-secondary education.  The Financial Aid office of each post-secondary institution can work with students through this process.