Are you looking for an opportunity to help you enter the job market?
Are you a new Canadian trying to obtain Canadian Experience?
Yorkdale’s Full time Co-op Program may be the answer for you!
Full Time (6 Credit) Co-op Programs begin in either September or February.
At Yorkdale, we know that your time is precious and the time you spend at school has to make a difference. That is why we have designed our Coop Program so that students can earn credits towards their diploma while having opportunities to:
- Experience a Canadian workplace first-hand as a volunteer (non-paid)
- Apply skills learned in your country
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to become a confident, independent career planner
- Learn effective business communication skills
- Recent immigrants can gain valuable experience in their field
- 3-4 weeks in class
- 12-14 weeks in workplace (Monday-Friday)
During the registration process an appointment letter will be given out for English proficiency testing.
Following successful testing, you will be interviewed by a coop teacher.
Registration for our next program is August 2021