Yorkdale’s Introduction to Healthcare Program is a 3 credit package aimed at any individual who is interested in a career in any area of the healthcare field in Ontario. It will enable students to make informed decisions about their future and provide the foundational knowledge needed for any career the student chooses to pursue.
In this 9 week full-time program students can:
- Earn 3 Credits towards your OSSD
- Learn valuable knowledge of the health care industry in Ontario
Units of study:
- Healthcare systems
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Careers in Healthcare
- Cultural Diversity
- Personal and Professional Qualities of a Health Care Worker
- Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
- Human Growth and Development
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Math
- Computers and Technology in Health Care
- Preparing for the World of Work….resume, job application, interview, etc.
*This course can be used as a pathway to Yorkdale’s PSW Program.
(Students must pass with an overall mark of 70% and have the recommendation of the instructor to be given entrance into the PSW program. Students who meet these requirements do not have to interview for the PSW program.)
Prerequisite: Grade 11C English